TwinScan™ Instruments embody a new concept in twin engine analog instrumentation which sets the ultimate standard for easy readability in the least possible space. Each individual instrument contains port and starboard meters which reference to each other. TwinScan instruments reduce the panel space required by 50% leaving more room for other electronics. TwinScan Fuel Flowmeters and Tachometers are sold separately.
INSTALLATION MANUALS: PDF Manual Downloads
LPH models available with 0-40, 0-80, and 0-160 LPH scales. Color styles include black dial/bezel, white dial/bezel, and white dial/chrome bezel. Requires 1 Momentary ON / Constant OFF toggle button switch for resetting fuel totalizer reading. See Accessories page for recommended panel switch (4001-433-00) for this feature.
- Tachometer / Liters per Nautical Mile / Synch Indicator uses an NMEA 0183 speed signal from a GPS or Loran, and a fuel flow signal from a TwinScan™ GPH instrument to digitally display Fuel Efficiency (l/nm) or the RPM difference between port and starboard engines. Requires 1 SPST toggle panel switch for reading l/nm or engine synch. See Accessories page for recommended panel switch (4001-434-00) for this feature.
- Microprocessor electronics for high performance features like electronic dampening, linear dial scales, superior accuracy unaffected by ground voltage shifts.
- Patented, magnetically shielded, precision, miniature air-core meter movement with state-of-the-art engineering features.
- Corrosion free stainless steel bezel (black, white or polished) and molded acetal cases which fit standard 3-3/8" diameter holes.
- Reverse polarity and load dump protection exceeding SAE J1810 standards.
- Dial faces: Black on White, or White/Red on Black. U.S & Metric Scales.
- Fits all carbureted inboard and stern drive engines up to 350 hp.
- Fits all EFI inboard and stern drive engines (including Mercruiser and Volvo) with closed loop fuel return systems.
- Fits all Mercury Optimax, Evinrude Ficht, Yamaha HPDI, and Honda 4-stroke engines.
- Fits all 2-stroke EFI outboard engines.
Important note for the following outboard engine owners:
- Evinrude E-Tec 2-cycle
- Mercury Verado 4-cycle
- Suzuki 4-cycle
- Yamaha 4-cycle
Please confirm whether your outboard engine listed above has one or two fuel pumps (low and high pressure pump). Earlier versions of these engines typically have a single fuel pump where a FloScan system can be used.
Newer model engines with two fuel pumps (low and high pressure) may cause the FloScan instrument's GPH or LPH readings to fluctuate between 0 GPH/LPH and approximately 25-50 GPH or 95-190 LPH depending on the lift pump and engine size. This is due to the engine's lift, or low pressure pump, cycling on and off while filling the vapor separation module. Though the GPH/LPH readings may not be usable under this condition, the FloScan instrument will accurately record total fuel consumption as displayed in the totalizer window.